Orbi Unable To Connect To Router? Reasons And Solutions
If you don’t know why your Netgear Orbi unable to connect to router, this is the right place where you will learn everything about it. According to the number of users, the problem is most likely to be with your router and not the satellite. You need to figure it out to resolve the issue faster. Here, you are going to explore the possible reasons and solutions why you are unable to connect to Orbi router. Let’s get started!
Reasons- Why Orbi Unable To Connect To Router
There could be many different reasons you can’t connect to Orbi or your Netgear Orbi unable to connect to router. Some of the possible reasons are as follows:
- Network Connectivity Issues: This is one of the most common reasons why your Orbi system may be unable to connect to the router. Network connectivity issues can arise if your router or modem is experiencing problems, or if your internet service provider is having issues.
- Due To An Outdated Firmware Issue: Firmware issues can also cause connectivity problems between your Orbi system and the router. Ensure that both your Orbi router and satellite have the latest firmware updates installed. You may encounter an error while doing the Netgear Orbi Login due to outdated firmware.
- Improper placement Issues: The placement of your Orbi satellite can affect its ability to connect to the router. Ensure that your satellite is placed within range of your router and is not too far away.
- Wireless Interference: Wireless interference can cause connectivity issues between your Orbi system and the router. Ensure that your Orbi system is not located near other devices that may interfere with the Wi-Fi signal, such as microwaves, cordless phones, or baby monitors.
- Configuration Issues: Configuration issues can also cause your Orbi system to be unable to connect to orbi router. Ensure that you have set up your Orbi system correctly by following the setup instructions provided with the system.
These are the few reasons why satellites can’t connect to Orbi router network.
Resolve All The Above Common Issues
To resolve all the above common issues, you will need to try the below-outlined solutions.
Power-Cycle Your Orbi Router Device
- First, you will need to press the hardware button.
- Now, wait for a few minutes for the gadget to shut down.
- Next, take out the power plug from the electrical power socket.
- Later, wait for five minutes.
- After that, place the power adapter plug back into the power socket.
Re-sync Orbi Router Device
- The sync button is located on the back side of the Orbi router device.
- After that, push and hold that sync button for 5 seconds.
- If the LED of the Orbi router blinks twice, then release your finger from the sync button.
Check Orbi Router Software
If still the satellite can’t connect to the Orbi router network then you will need to improve the firmware of the Orbi router. Follow the lower steps to do this process.
- First, open the web browser on your cell phone.
- Now, enter the orbilogin.com web portal in the URL bar of the web browser.
- Next, look for an administration option and then tap on the firmware upgrade option.
- In the end, download the latest firmware file on your laptop or your computer.
Inspect All Wires
We recommend you verify all the cable connections. In case, you see any damaged wire then immediately replace that wire with a new one without wasting any time.
Reset Orbi Router
After trying the above method if you are unable to connect to the Orbi router. Then try this final method, to resolve the cannot connect to Orbi router issue.
- First, look for the reset hole button.
- The reset hole button is located on the back side of the Orbi device.
- After that, with the help of the paperclip push and hold the reset hole button.
- Later, all the LEDs of the router will turn off.
- As it means your router device is now completely reset.
Note: After the reset, you will need to do the Orbi router setup process again.
Do Orbi Router Setup Via App
- First, download the Orbi application from ‘Google Play Store’.
- Now, open the app and fill in all the details shown on the page.
- After that, tap on the Orbi router setup option.
- In the end, follow all the descriptions carefully.
Why is the Orbi App Unable to Connect to Router? Resolve it
In case the Orbi app unable to connect to router while attempting the setup, you can try out the tried-tested tips that are as follow:
- Update the Orbi App: Make sure that you have the latest version of the Orbi app installed on your smartphone or tablet. If there is an update available, install it and try connecting to your router again.
- Reboot Your Smartphone or Tablet: Restart your smartphone or tablet and try connecting to the Orbi router again.
- Restart the Orbi Router: Try restarting your Orbi router. To do this, unplug the power cord from the back of the router, wait for 30 seconds, and plug them back in.
With the help of this page, now you will easily resolve the unable to connect to the Orbi router issue in less time. If still the issue is not solved then you will need to take help from our Orbi team experts. After doing this you can fix the issue within 10 minutes.