How To Update Orbi Firmware
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
Tap below to discuss your Orbi issues with our experts and get the solution.
Seeking a solution on how to update Orbi firmware or want to learn how to update Orbi Satellite firmware? If so, we will provide you with the right technical assistance.
Firmware is an operating system of any wireless WiFi device, be it a router, extender, or access point. It is the core part and that’s why it should always be up to date. If it is not updated to the most recent version of the software, you will most likely experience a broad range of technical issues.
Netgear Orbi is one of the most popular products in the world of wireless data networking. Users all across the United States prefer this brand a lot when it comes to installing wireless internet at their homes or offices. This is because of its exclusive features, functions, and mind-blowing performance. However, sometimes, Netgear Orbi devices stop functioning properly. Several reasons can be figured out for this issue. One of those reasons is an Outdated Netgear Orbi Firmware. If you don’t know how to update Orbi Firmware, feel free to get in touch with us. We will provide you with the right assistance.
Checking the Availability for the Firmware Update
First, you need to check if there is a Firmware update available. You can check that by following the instructions we have listed below:
- Connect to Netgear Orbi WiFi network on your mobile device.
- If you already have the Orbi app installed on your device, launch it right away.
- If you don’t have it installed on your phone, download and install it first from the App Store or Play Store.
- Complete the Orbi login process by using the default Orbi username and password.
- Head to the “Menu” icon in the top-left corner of the web interface.
- Go to the “Settings” option on the next step and then select “Router Settings.”
- Navigate to the “Check for Updates” option and then tap on it.
- You will get to know whether an Orbi firmware update is available or not within a second.
If there is an update available for your Orbi firmware, you need to run the update. And if you don’t know how to update Orbi Firmware, here, we are sharing the details with you.
How to Update Orbi Firmware Using the Orbi App
This is a super easy process. To update your Netgear Orbi firmware via the Orbi app, you first need to download the Orbi app on your mobile device. Once the download process gets completed, simply click the “Install” option to complete the installation. Now, tap on the Orbi app icon on your device screen to launch it. The app will ask you to log in to the Orbi admin panel or create a new Orbi account. If you already have an account with Orbi, simply login to your Orbi account. If you don’t have an account with Orbi, create a new one or log in using the default Orbi username and password. You will find these details either on your Orbi device or in the manual. Once you complete the login, follow the steps we have shared in the above section. Once you notice the availability of the firmware update, click on the “Update” button to run the update. After the downloading gets completed, install the firmware. To do this, make sure to follow the instructions given on your device screen. Now, we hope you learned how to update Orbi firmware using the Netgear Orbi app. But, if you think it is a bit complex or the Netgear Orbi app not working during the firmware update process, you can also update your Orbi firmware using a web interface.
Orbi Firmware Update Using the Orbi Login Web Portal
Users can update the Netgear Orbi firmware without an app. It is possible with the Orbi login web portal. If you want to learn how to update Orbi firmware using the orbilogin.com, here are the steps to follow:
- First, add the Orbi network to your WiFi-enabled device and then connect. You can add the network either through wireless WiFi settings or via an Ethernet cable.
- Launch a web browser on your device which is connected to the Orbi network. After that, enter the Orbi login web portal URL, which is orbilogin.com. You can use the Orbi device’s IP address alternatively.
- The next interface will ask you to enter the Orbi username and password. By default, the username is “admin,” and the password is “password.” You can use these credentials but if you have changed the login credentials, enter the updated details.
- Once you log in, the Orbi dashboard will appear. Click the “Advanced” tab on the current interface.
- Next, select “Administration,” and then click on “Firmware Update.”
- If an update is available, you will see a notification. Click “Update Now” to proceed.
- Read the instructions given on the screen and follow the same correctly to complete the firmware update process. Make sure that you do not interrupt the update process, as it may damage the Orbi device.
- After the update is complete, your Orbi device will restart automatically. You may need to log in again to the Orbi dashboard to verify the firmware version.
How to Update Orbi Satellite Firmware
The process of updating the Netgear Orbi Satellite firmware is not much different from the Orbi firmware update process. Here are the steps on “how to update Orbi Satellite firmware.” Follow these steps to finish the Orbi satellite firmware update:
- Connect your Orbi satellite to the Orbi router. The satellite should be placed within the router’s range.
- Open a web browser on a device that is connected to the Orbi network and go to the Orbi login web portal. The web address is typically http://orbilogin.com.
- Enter your Orbi login credentials. The default username is “admin,” and the default password is “password.” If you have changed the login credentials before, enter the updated details.
- From the Orbi dashboard, click on the “Connected Devices” option.
- Look for the Orbi satellite that you want to update and click on it.
- Next, tap on the “Firmware Update” option.
- In case, a new Netgear Orbi firmware version is available, select “Update Now.”
- Wait for the update to complete. It may take several minutes for the update to finish.
- After the update is complete, the Orbi satellite will restart automatically.
- Repeat steps 4-9 for each Orbi satellite that you want to update.
Contact Our Netgear Orbi Support Team
The information shared above should work for you. However, in case you couldn’t update the Orbi firmware using the above information, you can contact our Netgear Orbi support team anytime. We are available to deliver our technical assistance to you anytime.