Orbi Not Detecting Satellite
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
Tap below to discuss your Orbi issues with our experts and get the solution.
Since its launch in the market, the Orbi WiFi system from Netgear has been the revolution in the field of wireless data networking. It is popularly known for several good reasons like its reliability, extensive coverage, and seamless internet connection. However, since this is eventually a machine, there might be instances where you encounter issues with it. Here, in this article, we will discuss a particular issue that has been a major concern among Orbi users. And that is the Orbi not detecting satellite. Let’s first start with what exactly the Orbi Satellite connectivity issue is and what are the major reasons behind it.
Understanding Orbi Satellite Connectivity Issues
Orbi satellite connectivity issues are common and can happen to any Orbi user. It is basically a situation where your Orbi device or supporting device fails to make a connection with another device. This Orbi not detecting satellite issue can occur due to many different reasons. A few are as follows:
- Physical barriers (like walls, floors, or an object) obstructing the Wi-Fi signal
- Interference from other electronic devices like a Bluetooth device or a baby monitor
- Outdated or corrupt firmware (software of the device)
- Incompleted Orbi login
- Misconfiguration of wireless settings (incorrectly set up settings)
- Placement of the satellite too far from the router
Possibly, there could be many other reasons behind the Orbi not detecting satellite issues. But, the above ones are the major and most common ones. Check for these factors and identify the actual underlying cause to resolve the issue faster.
Troubleshooting Steps for Orbi Not Detecting Satellite
To troubleshoot the issue and fix it fastly and seamlessly, it is important to first detect the actual cause. For this, you can either refer to the manual of the device or simply talk to our Orbi Customer Service experts. Once you recognize the actual reason behind the Orbi not detecting satellite issue, you can choose which of the following troubleshooting steps will help fix the issue.
In case you fail to detect the actual cause of the Orbi and satellite connectivity issue, try these steps one by one.
Ensure Perfect Placement of Your Orbi Device
The perfect placement of your primary Orbi device and the satellite matters a lot. It plays a crucial role in establishing an uninterrupted, stable, and reliable connection with the router. But if you fail to place your device perfectly, you will most probably come across the Orbi not detecting Satellite issue. Follow these steps to ensure optimal placement:
- Position the Orbi satellite and the primary Orbi device within a reasonable range.
- Keep the satellite away from physical obstructions such as walls, metal objects, or appliances that may interfere with the WiFi signal.
- Avoid placing the satellite near sources of electromagnetic interference, such as cordless phones or baby monitors.
- Apart from the placement, position the antennas correctly with their top points pointing upwards.
Perform a Sync Process
Most Orbi models have a Sync button on them that users can use to establish a firm connection. To resolve the Orbi not detecting satellite, you can try performing a sync process. Here’s how you can do this:
- First, shift the Orbi satellite a bit closer to the Orbi router.
- Locate the Sync button on the Orbi
- Press it on the back of both the Orbi router and satellite.
- Wait for the sync process to complete.
- The satellite’s ring LED should turn solid white or blue once the Sync process completes.
Update Firmware Whenever It Is Available
There will undoubtedly be compatibility and connectivity issues as a result of outdated firmware. Therefore, updating the firmware on your Orbi router and satellite is crucial. To update your Orbi or satellite’s firmware, follow these steps:
- Use a web browser to access the Orbi router’s web interface.
- Go to the area for firmware updates.
- Verify if there are any firmware upgrades available.
- If updates are available, download and install them by adhering to the on-screen directions.
Reset the Device to Factory Default
A factory reset can assist in resolving persistent Orbi not detecting satellite problems. But be aware that a factory reset would remove all of your personalized settings. To perform a factory reset, follow these steps:
- Find the Reset button on the Orbi router or satellite’s rear.
- Press and hold the Reset button for roughly 10 seconds using a paperclip or an equivalent object.
- When the device’s LED indicators begin to blink, release the reset button.
- Hold off until the device restarts and returns to its default settings.
Make Necessary Changes to Wireless Settings
The connection between the Orbi router and the satellite can be strengthened by adjusting some wireless parameters. Take into account the settings below:
- For enhanced signal coverage, turn on beamforming and MIMO (multiple-input multiple-output).
- The proper WiFi channels should be set. For the 2.4GHz band, choose one of the channels 1, 6, or 11, and for the 5GHz band, pick an unused channel.
- Turn off 20/40MHz Coexistence and just use 40MHz for better performance.
Contact Orbi Customer Service or Support
If the aforementioned troubleshooting techniques don’t fix the Orbi not detecting satellite problem, the recommended course of action is to get in touch with the Orbi Customer Service and Support staff. They can walk you through further steps to solve the problem or offer advanced troubleshooting.