Netgear Orbi Setup With Existing Router
Netgear Orbi is among the most popular, most preferred, and best-selling wireless data networking devices in the USA. It is best known for its versatility, innovativeness, and multiple cutting-edge features. And when it comes to internet speed, coverage, and performance, it comes at the top of the list. As a wireless internet user, you can utilize this device to improve the wireless WiFi network connectivity of your home or commercial place. But, to make this device in use, you first must perform the Netgear Orbi setup with existing router or modem. After this only, you will be able to get going with your versatile and high-performance WiFi device. If you are not sure about the setup process, this comprehensive informative guide will assist you. So, keep going through this 3-minute reading.
Why Do You Need To Set Up Netgear Orbi With Existing Devices?
Why can’t you get going with your versatile Netgear Orbi device right away and why is it a must to complete the Netgear Orbi setup with existing router? Let’s first try to find answers to these questions before we come to the central point of this piece of information.
Netgear Orbi uses a particular technology, software, and system to operate. This entire system works on commands. Although you might find a couple of automatic features, most of the functions run when you input a particular command. To run this entire system on your commands and make it completely yours, you need to do a basic registration. This will be a sign-up process with your Netgear Orbi product model. This sign-up process gives complete control over your Netgear Orbi device. And with this, you become able to perform the Netgear Orbi Setup with existing router.
The Netgear Orbi setup process enables all the features and functions of your device. It establishes a secure, stable, and consistent connection with your router or modem. Consequently, your Orbi gets an internet supply that is further re-broadcasted to a larger area with a faster speed. Hence, setting up a Netgear Orbi device to your existing router or modem is a must.
Performing the Netgear Orbi Setup With Existing Router
To perform the Netgear Orbi setup with existing router, you first need to check the compatibility of your Orbi. If both devices are compatible with each other, then only you can proceed ahead to the setup process. Or else, you will need to buy a new product.
Steps For Connecting Netgear Orbi and Host Router
Once you ensure the compatibility of your newly bought Netgear Orbi device with your existing host device, you need to perform the steps we have mentioned below:
- Find a Perfect Place to Settle Your New Orbi Device (the placement should be as per the instructions given in the manual or as instructed by Netgear Orbi customer service experts)
- Ensure that the Distance Between Your Orbi device and Host Router is not More than 20 ft. A longer distance between them can result in connection issues.
- Take an Ethernet Cable and Run it From Netgear Orbi to Your Host Router. Firmly Insert One End of the Cable into the Internet Port of the Orbi and the Other End into the LAN Port of Your Existing Modem or Gateway.
- Check the Ethernet Lights On Both Devices to Ensure a Successful Connection Between the Devices.
Choosing the Netgear Orbi Setup Method
Netgear has provided multiple setup methods for the convenience of its users. A couple of common setup methods include browser-based setup and app-based setup. Once you finish connecting your Orbi device to your existing router, you need to make a decision on it.
We would recommend you go with the process that best fits your comfort. For example, if you are browsing to find a solution, you would not have any problem going with the browser-based setup method. On the other hand, if downloading an app on your phone does not bother you much, app-based Netgear Orbi Setup with existing router could be a suitable method for you.
Steps For Performing the Netgear Orbi Setup WIth Existing Router
Although browser-based setup and Orbi app-based setup are different, you can still follow a standard Netgear Orbi setup process to complete the configuration, irrespective of the setup method you choose. The only difference will be the platform. If you go with the browser-based setup, you will be executing the setup on a web interface. But, if you go with the app-based setup, you will be performing the complete configurations on an Orbi mobile app.
Here are the steps that you require to follow to do the Netgear Orbi Setup with existing router:
- Once You Successfully Made the Connection Between Your Orbi Device and Existing Router, Plug In & Power On the Netgear Orbi Device
- Next, Take a Laptop, Computer, or Mobile Phone to Connect It To Your Orbi WiFi Network
- Head to A Browser and Type the Orbilogin.com or the IP address of the Orbi in the Address Bar (if you pick the app-based setup, download the app and go to the login section)
- Next, Do the Netgear Orbi Login By Using the Relevant User ID and Password
- After the Successful Completion of the Login, Navigate to the Setup Option
- Create New User ID and Password For Increasing the Security of Your Device
- Lastly, Follow the Instructions Carefully That You Can See On Your Device’s Screen
- Your Netgear Orbi Will Be Set Up Successfully Within A Few Minutes