Fix The Orbi Pink Light Issue
If your Orbi device starts blinking the pink LED then it signifies that your Orbi router is unable to connect with the internet. In other words, the Orbi device fails to transmit or catch the WiFi signals. To fix the pink LED issue we provide you some solutions here, try them and fix the issue.
Reasons Why Orbi Router Flashing Pink
- There is a poor connection between the Orbi router and the satellite.
- The software of the Netgear Orbi router device is outdated.
- Due to the damaged socket, there is a loss of power supply.
- The ethernet cable is not connected or attached properly.
- Technical error or issue in your device.
Troubleshoot Pink LED Light Issue
Restart Modem And Router Device
- Initially, you will need to turn off the Orbi device’s main unit and satellite.
- After that, from the power source unplug and remove the device.
- Next, put back the Orbi router plug-in socket and turn it on.
- Now, wait for a few minutes and let the device boot up completely.
- Later, link or attach the satellite to the power source and power it on.
- In the end, the Orbi router and satellite automatically connected with each other.
Change Netgear Orbi Router Placement
Due to the improper placement, your Orbi device starts blinking a pink LED. We recommend you simply locate your device at the ideal place. The best ideal place for your internet router is in the centre or halfway of your house.
- Locate your Orbi router device 2 to 3 feet above the ground.
- The ideal distance between the Orbi router and the satellite is 60 to 75 feet.
- At the opposite corners of the office and house, locate the Orbi device.
- If you live in a double-story house then settle the Orbi router device on a different floor at opposite corners.
Resolve All Damaged Connections
A big reason behind the pink light on Orbi can be loose or damaged cable connections. Even in this wired setup process, you will require a specific ethernet cable.
- Take out all the cables and plug them back in.
- Now, in the cable connectors look for any physical damage.
- Try to use a different pair of cables and see if it works now.
Resync Netgear Orbi Satellites
Due to some connection issues between the Orbi satellite and router, it is possible that the Orbi router device’s pink LED light. To fix the issue we recommend you resync your Orbi device.
- Initially, verify that both the router and satellite device must be turned on.
- Now, push the sync button of the Orbi router.
- After that, push the sync button of the satellite.
- Both activities are required to complete or finish the process in 2 minutes.
- The LED starts blinking white in the initial phase and turns blue.
- In the end, the light will turn off, it determines that the connection is successfully done.
Improve Orbi Firmware
Outdated software of the Orbi device can be a big reason why your Orbi device starts blinking the plink LED. There are some troubles that you can resolve after restarting your device. Updating the firmware can easily fix this issue.
- First, open the web browser and log into the Netgear Orbi account.
- Next, go to the settings and then arrive at the Orbi router settings option.
- Now, look at the ‘Check for update option and tap on it.
- If there are any updates available then install them.
- In the end, wait for a few minutes to install the file on your laptop or computer.
Factory Reset Orbi Device
- To begin with, turn on the Netgear Orbi router device.
- Now, look at the reset button located at the back of the device.
- After that, take the paper clip and insert it in the reset hole for 10 seconds.
- By doing this, all the Orbi device LEDs will turn off.
- As defined, your Netgear Orbi router device is now completely reset.
Note: After resetting the Netgear Orbi device you will need to do the Orbi router login and configuration process.
Configure Netgear Orbi Router Device
- In the power socket, locate the power plug of the Orbi router.
- After that, take the computer and connect the computer to the Orbi router network.
- Now, open Chrome and enter the orbilogin.com default web portal in the URL bar.
- Next, the Netgear Orbi router login page opens on your display.
- Further, fill in the details such as username and password.
- Thereafter, hit on the setup wizard option which may include the steps such as making a network name and password for the Orbi router network.
With the guidance of this article, you can easily fix the blinking pink LED light issue on your Orbi device. In case you have any questions in your mind regarding the Orbi device after reading this page then try to ping our team.